Throughout this course you will:
- Have the opportunity to design and conduct your own research project.
- Gain an understanding and appreciation of the chemistry and biochemistry of drug molecules: their design, synthesis and behaviour in the body
- Develop a multidisciplinary understanding of the science of human life, health and disease at the molecular, cellular, system, organismal and environmental level.
- Learn about microbial processes and applications, including the opportunities for humans to exploit and benefit from these.
- Personal and professional development
- Integrated biomolecular science
- Integrated practical skills
- Physiology and pathology
- Physical, inorganic and organic chemistry
- Biochemical processes
- Organic chemistry
- Microbiology & biotechnology
- Pharmacology & therapeutics
- Work related learning
- Scientific investigation
- Medicinal chemistry
- Biomaterials and solid state chemistry