Entry Requirements

English Language Requirements

You must demonstrate your English language ability to secure a place at University Centre Leeds.

Acceptable English Language Tests

  • IELTS Academic / IELTS Academic for UKVI
  • Pearson PTE Academic / Pearson PTE Academic UKVI
  • Cambridge C1 Advanced
  • LanguageCert International ESOL SELT B2
  • Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE II or ISE III)

Please contact the Admissions and Registration Team for confirmation of the required minimum score for each test. You should be aware that many of these qualifications are only valid for 2 years.

Please note we only accept in-person tests taken at approved test centres – online versions will not be accepted. Please get in contact if you are experiencing problems booking in-person tests in your country.

Majority English Speaking Countries

If you are a national of a UKVI recognised majority English speaking country, you are not required to prove your knowledge of English to the UKVI as part of your visa application. However, you will still be required to meet the minimum English Language requirement set by University Centre Leeds. Please contact the Admissions and Registration Team for details of the minimum scores required for acceptable qualifications from your country.

EU Settlement scheme – Settled/Pre-Settled status

If you are an EU National who has been granted settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement scheme, but completed your education outside of the UK, you may have already met our minimum English Language requirement.  The Admissions and Registration Team will be able to advise whether or not your previous qualifications are currently acceptable to meet the requirement, or whether you will be required to sit an additional English Language qualification.

Logo Dca Tass The Open University Logo (1) Qaa Logo Greenjpg Low Tef 2023 Silver Logo (1) Logo Mixed Economy Group Logo Member Qaa Logo Ofsted Logo Nnecl