Initial Teacher Education bursaries are available in the below subjects for courses starting in the 2020 to 2021 academic year.
- Mathematics – £26,000
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) – £15,000
- English – £12,000
Funding will not be provided for any subjects that are not included in this list.
For a trainee to be eligible to receive a bursary from the first day of training and throughout the course, they must:
- Be eligible to receive student support (to check your eligibility to receive student support please check search ‘student support’ via the Gov.uk website)
- Hold minimum Level 2 qualifications in English and mathematics, and at least a Level 3 qualification in their subject of training (or have appropriate professional experience)
- Be taking a qualifying pre-service ITE course in England (the course on this page is eligible for a bursary)
- Not already be in possession of any teaching qualifications at Level 5 or above
- Not already hold early years teacher status (EYTS), qualified teacher status (QTS) or qualified teacher learning and skills (QTLS) status
- Not be simultaneously undertaking any other ITE course, training scheme or programme that leads to a Diploma in Education and Training (DET) or DET-compliant qualification
- Not be undertaking paid teaching work which contributes to their training when in receipt of the bursary (e.g. teaching, tutoring, lecturing, providing training)
Applicants must also fulfil the entry requirements of the course they are applying for, details of which can be found in the course pages.
If you have any queries please contact: email@example.com