We’re pleased to announce that, following a very tough process, we have been shortlisted in seven categories of the Educate North Awards 2023.
The awards celebrate best practice and excellence in the education sector in the North, highlighting the achievements and progress of universities and the higher education, further education and sixth form sectors.
The finalists will find out how they have fared at an awards ceremony in Manchester on Thursday 27 April.
We were shortlisted in the following categories:
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM Initiative Award) – University Centre Leeds, Chemistry Academy
- Business Collaboration & Partnerships Award – HE/FE Sector – HE Engineering
- External Relations Team of the Year – WP and Outreach Team
- Community Engagement Award – HE/FE Sector – Creative Arts in the Community
- Student Experience Award – HE/FE Sector – University Centre Leeds
- The Sustainable Green Initiative – The Wellbeing Walkway
- Business/Industry Collaboration – HE/FE Sector – HE Creative Arts
All of the award submissions outlined the University Centre’s commitment to support its staff and students.
Our nomination for the Sustainable Green Initiative category, for example, featured the ‘wellbeing walkway’ that we created in collaboration with RE:, Leeds City College’s sustainable products workshop.
The Business Collaboration & Partnerships Award – HE/FE Sector nomination delighted Tamas Kovacs, Programme Manager for Engineering at University Centre Leeds.
Tamas said: “The collaboration and partnership between the HE Engineering team and businesses/industry has enabled the development of a modern engineering workshop room that is equipped with industry-current automation and robotics instruments.
“This enables employees, apprentices, and potential employees studying at University Centre Leeds to experience and become familiar with the facilities and equipment typical of the industry.”
You can find out more about the different categories here.