Engineering Staff Profile
Dr Martin Braun - Programme Manager
Dr Martin Braun is an electrical/electronics engineer who holds first degrees from both English and German universities. In addition to this, he has obtained a MSc from the University of York in EMC and RF Communication, and an MA in Chinese Studies from the University of Leeds. He received his PhD in 2015 from the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Sheffield. His PhD research was co-sponsored by M&S and examined the impact of climate change on energy consumption in Supermarkets.
Martin has published in academic journals and presented at national and international conferences on various aspects of refrigeration systems in supermarkets, and the effect of climate change on them. In addition he has also presented on issues related to education.
Martin’s research interests include:
- The contribution of engineering to sustainable development in general and the impact of hydrogen economy in particular
- The modelling of refrigeration systems in supermarkets
- The application of blended learning in further and higher education
Jean Marc Mbogol - Lecturer
Jean Marc Mbogol received his BEng (Hons) degree in electrical and electronic engineering from Bradford University in 2010 and his MSc degree in electrical engineering and renewable energy systems from Leeds University in 2011. He is also a member of the IEEE.
His research interests cover:
- The assessment of a STATCOM as a technique for improving voltage stability in distribution networks
- The application of a supercapacitor energy storage device as a performance enhancement method for conventional STATCOMs
- The evaluation of a steady state solution for thyristor controlled induction motor using state-approach and d-q frame analysis