Are you looking to develop your expertise and learn something new?
This year, we’re inviting adults aged 19 and over to discover our range of diverse subjects, as part of the Festival of Learning.
Festival of Learning
The Festival of Learning is a national campaign which celebrates lifelong learning for adults.
The festival’s mission is to demonstrate the benefits of adult learning and raise awareness across the country. Some of the key reasons to engage in adult learning include:
- Wellbeing: Wellbeing is at the heart of adult learning, enabling learners to meet new people and improve self-esteem.
- Flexibility: Adult education can be a flexible service that accommodates other commitments, such as families and jobs.
- Opportunities: There are adult learner providers across the district that can offer personalised and specialised learning experiences.
- Confidence: Lifelong learning enriches the lives of learners, providing them with better opportunities and the ability to adapt to unexpected changes.
Take part in our Have a Go Fortnight
If you’re interested in adult learning, but aren’t sure which course is for you, why not come and get a taste of our diverse curriculum areas?
Our Have a Go Fortnight will be running from 1 to 12 November at University Centre Leeds.
Over these two weeks, we’re inviting all adults across the region to learn something new, enhance employability and improve wellbeing through our bespoke adult taster sessions.
Book on these sessions using this link. Our available taster sessions include:
- 2 November: Acting Workshop at Prime Studios Leeds from 5pm to 6pm.
- 4 November: Photography Taster Session at Quarry Hill Campus from 5pm to 6pm.
- 4 November: Creative Practice MA Taster Session at Quarry Hill Campus Room 3:01.
- 10 November: Law and Policing Taster Session at University Centre Leeds Park Lane Campus, 5th Floor Lecture Theatre from 5pm to 6pm.
- 11 November: Media Makeup Taster Session at University Centre Leeds Quarry Hill Campus from 5pm to 6pm.
- 12 November: Pillars of Health at University Centre Leeds Park Lane Campus from 10am to 11am.
As part of the Festival of Learning, we’re working with local partners across the district to deliver programmes and events that develop the skills and support the mental health and wellbeing of adults.
Discover our upcoming events on our downloadable calendar here.