Take part in our free taster session from 1 to 12 November 2021
Over two weeks, we’re inviting adults from across the region to try something new through free adult taster sessions, activities, events and seminars covering a wide variety of exciting subjects.
Why take part?
- Learn new skills and develop your knowledge
- Grow your confidence by meeting new people
- Boost your career prospects by enhancing employability
- Learn more about a particular course or a variety of subjects
- Discover a new passion - or take a hobby to the next level
- Enjoy the wellbeing benefits of stretching yourself
These specially arranged taster events have been designed to give you a flavour of what we have to offer across a whole range of courses - and to help you understand your options going forward.
Check out some of our events taking place this year. Follow our group hashtag #FoLpartners
What is the Festival of Learning?
Festival of Learning is a national campaign that aims to celebrate, highlight and promote the benefits of lifelong learning and help adults aged 19 and over to discover their passion.
Whether you want to learn essential skills, upskill and reskill for your career or pursue a hobby – there is something for everyone, regardless of age and at all levels from beginners to higher education.
Through the Festival of Learning, we hope to shine a light on the different expressions of adult education, by creating inclusive opportunities for those who want to return to education for the first time, try something new or improve their skills.
Luminate Education Group, which comprises Leeds City College, Keighley College, Harrogate College, White Rose Academies Trust and University Centre Leeds, is working with local partners to deliver programmes that develop skills and support the mental health and wellbeing of adults in Leeds City Region.
- West Yorkshire Combined Authority
- Leeds City Council
- Bradford Metropolitan District Council
- West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges
- Lifelong Learning Centre, University of Leeds
- The Prince’s Trust
- Northern College
- Yorkshire Centre for Training and Development
We know that many adults across the region have other commitments, such as families and jobs. Together, we will provide flexible learning approaches which accommodate your commitments, encouraging you to upskill and reskill in a Covid-19 safe environment.