In the first year of the programme you will undertake the following three generic modules:
- The Psychology of Teaching Learning and Assessment
- Personal Development Behaviour and Welfare in Education and Training
- Demonstrating Professional Knowledge and Competence
In the second year of the programme you will undertake three specialist modules, which may include:
- Teaching SEN in the Education and Training Sector: Curriculum and Cultural Context. In this module trainees will explore the factors that influence the curriculum for young people and adults with specific needs, including contextualisation and employability.
- Perspectives on SEN Teaching and Learning. In this module trainees will examine international differences in SEN provision, learners’ progression and societal attitudes towards SEN provision. Effective practices in SEN provision across the globe will be investigated and the outcomes of this research will be used to inform practice.
- The Pedagogy and Practice of SEN Teaching and Learning. This practice-based module aims to provide the content knowledge and professional practice skills relating to subject specific pedagogy in SEN practice across a range of contexts in the Education and Training sector.