In the first year of the programme you will undertake the following three generic
- The Psychology of Teaching Learning and Assessment
- Personal Development Behaviour and Welfare in Education and Training
- Demonstrating Professional Knowledge and Competence
In the second year of the programme you will undertake three specialist modules, which may include:
- Teaching Mathematics in the Education and Training Sector: Curriculum and Cultural Context. In this module you will critically appraise the impact of recent mathematics education reform in the UK and critically analyse the changes to the ways in which mathematics is taught in the Education and Training sector.
- Mathematics: Theoretical Frameworks. In this module you will critically analyse the fundamental attributes of mathematics and numeracy and critically examine the attributes of procedures within mathematics and numeracy.
- The Pedagogy and Practice of Mathematics Teaching and Learning. This practice-based module aims to extract the principles of good practice from classroom observations and experience. In this module trainees will critically appraise a range of specialist resources that meet the needs of learners and the challenges of the post-16 mathematics curriculum.