We appreciate that with so much uncertainty in day-to-day life at the moment, it can be even more difficult to choose a university and understand Clearing. We’re here to answer your questions to help you make the right choice.
Clearing is a great opportunity for those who haven’t yet applied for a course, for those who haven’t met their conditions, or for those who have had a change of mind about the university and/or course they want to study.
You can use Clearing if:
- You’re applying after 30 June
- You didn’t receive any offers (or none you wanted to accept)
- You didn’t meet the conditions of your offers
- You’ve declined your place using the ‘decline my place’ button in Track
How do I apply using Clearing?
1. See what courses are available
Search our courses here and make a shortlist of the courses that interest you. Why not consider different subjects? You don't have to stick with your original idea! You should also check the course details, to make sure it’s right for you. We recommend looking into how the course is structured, the modules and the entry requirements.
2. Talk to us
Before you add a Clearing choice in Track, or make a new application, give us a call. If you have a UCAS application you’ll need to tell us your Clearing number (you can find this in Track), and Personal ID, so we can look up your application. As well as talking about the course and whether we can accept you, we can also answer your questions about accommodation, finance and our facilities.
3. Add your Clearing choice in Track
Only add a Clearing choice once you have spoken to us and had an offer confirmed.
- Click 'Add Clearing choice', and fill in the course details by the date we give you on the phone.
- This counts as you definitely accepting the offer, so when we confirm, it'll show as an acceptance on your 'Choices' page in Track.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have an application in UCAS, you will be able to apply to us directly and we’ll advise you of how to do this.
Not at all! If you’re yet to apply, you can apply through Clearing as soon as you have your results. If you don’t have an existing UCAS application, you can apply directly to us via our webapply system.